rainbow chard rolls
- 3 cups (480g/1 lb) cooked quinoa
- 3 cups (240g/8½ oz) grated beetroot
- ¾ cup (120g/4¼ oz) pepitas (pumpkin seeds), toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 cup (24g/¾ oz) flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 275g (10 oz) firm goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 12–15 medium stalks rainbow chard or silverbeet
- (Swiss chard), stems and spines trimmed
- 400g (14 oz) vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1x quantity of creamy cashew sauce
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the quinoa, beetroot, pepitas, parsley, lemon rind, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine. Sprinkle with the goat’s cheese and fold to combine.
- Place the chard leaves in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to stand for 1 minute or until just softened. Drain and pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper.
- Place ¼-cup portions of the quinoa mixture onto each leaf, tuck in the sides of the leaf and roll to enclose the filling. Place the rolls on 1 of the trays and roast for 15 minutes.
- Place the tomatoes on the remaining tray, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add to the oven and roast for 10–15 minutes or until blistered.
- Divide the rolls and tomatoes between serving plates and serve with the creamy cashew sauce. Serves 4
TIPS + TRICKS
+This is one of those recipes that I like to play around with. You can swap the quinoa for cooked brown or black rice, swap the grated beetroot for carrot. The options are only limited by the seasons and your imagination!
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.