smoky sumac, chilli and lime chicken wings
- 450g chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- lime wedges, to serve
smoky sumac, chilli and lime rub
- 1½ tablespoons ground smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons ground sumac
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sea salt flakes
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime rind
- To make the rub, place the paprika, chilli, sumac, sugar, pepper, salt and lime rind in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Combine chicken with oil and ¼ cup (60g) of the rub.
- Place the wings on a wire rack set above a baking tray and roast for 20–30 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Sprinkle with extra rub and serve with lime wedges. Serves 2
+ This smoky rub makes ½ cup. You can store remaining rub in the refrigerator for up to one month.
+ Try rubbing this smoky blend on pork ribs, steak and chicken thighs.
There are no comments for this entry yet.