swiss cheese and
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill
- ¼ cup (70g) horseradish cream
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 8 thin slices rye bread
- 1⅓ cups (275g) store-bought sauerkraut
- 8 slices pastrami
- 200g sliced Swiss cheese
- unsalted butter, for spreading
- Mix to combine the dill, horseradish cream, salt and pepper. Spread on half the bread slices.
- Divide the sauerkraut, pastrami and Swiss cheese between the slices and sandwich with the remaining bread. Lightly butter the outside of each sandwich.
- Cook the sandwiches, in batches, in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat for 3 minutes. Turn and cook, covered, for a further 2–3 minutes or until the bread is golden and the cheese has melted. Serves 4
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.