roast beef fillet with raw beetroot salad
- ¼ cup (60ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh horseradish+
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 800g beef eye fillet, trimmed and tied
- 3 bunches heirloom and target beetroot, scrubbed and thinly sliced
- 3 cups (45g) watercress
- 50g marinated Persian feta
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). To make the dressing, place the vinegar, honey, salt, pepper and half the oil in a bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Place the remaining oil, the horseradish and garlic in a large bowl and stir to combine. Brush the beef with the oil mixture and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat and cook, turning, for 8–10 minutes or until browned. Place on an oven tray and cook for 10–15 minutes for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Place the beetroot, watercress, feta, chives and dressing in a large bowl and toss to combine. Divide the salad and beef between plates to serve. Serves 4
+ If you can’t find fresh horseradish, you can substitute with grated horseradish (available in a jar from the supermarket).
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.