mini lamb roasts
with honey-orange carrots
- 800g mixed Dutch (baby) carrots, trimmed and scrubbed
- 1 orange, sliced
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 4 cloves garlic
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 x 400g mini lamb rump roasts
- ½ cup (140g) plain Greek-style (thick) yoghurt
- ¼ cup coriander (cilantro) leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 250°C (475°F). Place the carrots, orange, 2 tablespoons of the oil, honey, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper on a large baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and toss to combine. Spread out evenly and set aside.
- Place the remaining oil, salt, pepper, ground coriander and lamb in a bowl and toss to coat. Place the lamb on top of the carrots and roast for 20 minutes, or until the carrots are tender and the lamb is medium rare or cooked to your liking. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5–10 minutes.
- Place the yoghurt and coriander leaves in a bowl and mix to combine. Serve the lamb and carrots with the coriander yoghurt. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.