chilli and coconut poached chicken salad
- 1 x 400ml can coconut milk
- ¼ cup (60ml) lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 long green chilli, halved lengthways, plus extra, sliced, to serve
- 6 Thai lime leaves
- 4 chicken breast fillets (800g), trimmed
- 200g dried flat rice noodles
- 400g white cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- Place the coconut milk, lime juice, fish sauce, chilli and lime leaves in a large deep-sided frying pan over low heat. Stir to combine, bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Add the chicken, cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook for 2 minutes each side. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the chicken to poach, covered, for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, slice and set aside. Strain the poaching liquid into a medium heatproof jug, discarding the solids, and set aside to cool.
- Cook the rice noodles according to packet instructions. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add the cabbage and 1½ cups (375ml) of the reserved poaching liquid. Gently toss to combine.
- Divide the noodle salad between serving plates and top with the chicken. Sprinkle with the mint, coriander and extra chilli to serve. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.