cacao and hazelnut granola
- 1 cup (200g) raw buckwheat
- 1 cup (250ml) boiling water
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 cup (140g) hazelnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup (45g) linseeds (flaxseeds), plus extra to serve
- ¼ cup (50g) black chia seeds
- ¼ cup (40g) sesame seeds
- ¼ cup (90g) honey, plus extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup (45g) cacao nibs
- natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt and sliced pear, to serve
- Place the buckwheat and water in a medium bowl and set aside for 30 minutes to soak.
- Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F). Drain the buckwheat and place in a large bowl. Add the cacao powder, hazelnut, linseeds, chia seeds, sesame seeds, honey and oil, and mix to combine.Spread the granola over 2 large baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes. Add the cacao nibs and cook for a further 20 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool slightly. Serve with yoghurt, sliced pear, extra honey and extra linseeds. Serves 4
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.