carrot cake and cream cheese muffins
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon raw caster (superfine) sugar
- 3 carrots (450g), peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (100g) walnuts, chopped
- 1 x quantity base muffin mixture (see recipe link under method)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Line 12 x ½-cup-capacity (125ml) muffin tins with paper cases and set aside.
- Place the cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl and mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Add the carrot, cinnamon and walnut to the muffin mixture and mix until just combined. Divide half the mixture between the prepared tins.
- Place 1 heaped tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture onto each muffin. Top with the remaining muffin mixture and bake for 20–25 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Makes 12
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.