chicken, corn and coriander salad
- 4 corn cobs, quartered lengthways using a serrated knife or cut into 4cm rounds
- 6 jalapeno chillies, halved lengthways
- 4 small chicken breasts, trimmed and halved lengthways
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and quartered
- lime wedges, to serve
Smoky paprika and coriander dressing
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped coriander, plus extra leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 240C (220C fan-forced).
- To make the dressing, combine paprika, honey, lime juice and oil in a small bowl. Place half the mixture in a large bowl and set aside the remainder.
- Combine corn, jalapeno and chicken with the dressing in the large bowl. Place mixture on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Finely chop 4 of the cooked jalapenos halves. Add to the reserved dressing mixture with the chopped coriander and stir to combine.
- To serve, divide the corn, remaining jalapeno halves and chicken between plates and drizzle with the dressing. Serve with avocado, extra coriander leaves and lime wedges. Serves 4
+ Cut the corn on a clean tea towel so it doesn’t slip and use a sawing action with a sharp serrated knife.
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.