- 1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1½ cups (375ml) water
- 2 cups (500ml) pineapple juice
- ⅓ cup (80ml) lime juice
- ¾ cup (180ml) thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon icing (confectioner’s) sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Place the water and sugar in a saucepan over low heat and stir to dissolve. Remove from the heat and refrigerate until cold. Add the pineapple and lime juice to the cooled syrup, pour into a shallow metal container and freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Rake the granita with a fork and return to the freezer.
- To make the vanilla cream, place the cream, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and whisk until soft peaks form. Spoon the granita into bowls and top with the vanilla cream to serve. Serves 4–6
There are no comments for this entry yet.