raspberry semifreddo popsicles
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk, extra
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- ½ cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) single (pouring) cream
- 2 cups (320g) frozen raspberries
- Place the eggs, extra yolk, vanilla seeds and sugar in a heatproof bowl. Place over a saucepan of simmering water and, using a hand-held electric mixer, beat for 6–8 minutes or until thick and pale. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Whisk the cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold through the egg mixture until well combined. Divide the raspberries between 12 x ½ cup-capacity (125ml) popsicle moulds and pour over the semifreddo. Cover the moulds with aluminium foil and insert popsicle sticks through the foil into each mould.+ Freeze for 6 hours or overnight. Makes 12
+ The aluminium foil helps the sticks stay in place.
There are no comments for this entry yet.