raw cacao-coconut biscuits
- 1 cup (120g) almond meal
- ¼ cup (25g) raw cacao powder
- 6 fresh dates (90g), pitted
- ¼ cup (40g) Brazil nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 40g raw cacao chocolate, melted
- sea salt flakes, for sprinkling
- ¾ cup (60g) desiccated coconut
- ½ cup (125ml) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Place the almond meal, cacao, dates, brazil nuts, vanilla and chocolate in a food processor and process for 2–3 minutes or until smooth. Roll out between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper to 4mm thick. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Using a 5.5cm fluted cookie cutter, cut out 20 rounds, re-rolling if necessary. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm.
- To make the coconut filling, place the coconut, coconut milk, coconut oil and maple syrup in a blender and blend until well combined and fluffy. Spoon the coconut filling over half of the cookies and sandwich with the remaining cookies. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Serve sprinkled with the salt. Makes 10
TIPS + TRICKS:
+ Raw cacao powder is available from the health food aisle of supermarkets and health food stores.
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.