brie and caramelised onion tarts
- 375g store-bought ready rolled puff pastry
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup (250ml) single (pouring) cream
- ⅓ cup (100g) store-bought caramelised onion relish
- 150g triple cream brie, cut into chunks
- 8 oregano sprigs
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cut pastry into 8 x 10cm rounds using a cookie cutter and press into greased non-stick muffin tins.
- Place egg yolks and cream into a small bowl and whisk to combine. Spoon onion relish into the pastry bases and pour over egg mixture. Top evenly with a piece of brie and an oregano sprig.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve warm. Makes 8
Wine note: We have paired this recipe with Cloudy Bay Pinot Noir 2018 which has notes of black cherry and bramble fruit plus subtle layers of gentle spice and boysenberry making it the perfect partner for these recipes.
Photography: Con Poulos
Click the links below for the recipes featured:
There are no comments for this entry yet.