charred radicchio, pear, haloumi and hazelnut salad
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 225g haloumi, cut into slices
- 2 x 200g radicchio, cut into quarters
- ¼ cup (60ml) balsamic glaze
- 2 Corella pears, cored and cut into wedges
- 2 x 400g cans lentils, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup (35g) toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- micro (baby) purple basil leaves, to serve
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the haloumi and cook for 1–2 minutes, turning, or until golden. Remove from the pan, set aside and keep warm.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan, add the radicchio and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until charred.
- Pour over half the balsamic glaze, add the pears and cook for 1 minute or until just warmed through. Remove from the pan, set aside and keep warm.
- Add the lentils to the pan and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes to warm through. Divide the lentils, radicchio, haloumi and pear between plates.
- Top with the hazelnut, remaining balsamic glaze, salt, pepper and basil to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.