rustic olive, onion and rosemary flatbread
- ½ x quantity simple bread loaf (see basic recipe link under method)+
- 2 tablespoons rosemary leaves
- 1 brown onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ½ cup (85g) green (Sicilian) olives, pitted and torn
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Lightly grease a 20cm x 30cm slice tin. Press the dough into the tin and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Combine the rosemary, onion, oil, sugar, salt and pepper in a bowl. Gently press the olives into the dough. Spread with the onion mixture, drizzle with extra oil and bake for 20–25 minutes or until golden. Serves 6
TIPS + TRICKS
+ This recipe begins with spelt dough – simply prepare the basic recipe until the end of step 3.
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.