salted dark chocolate christmas truffles
- 350g store-bought Christmas fruitcake, finely chopped
- 400g dark chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- black sea salt flakes, for sprinkling
- Place the cake and half the chocolate in a large bowl and mix well to combine. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until slightly firm.
- Roll tablespoons of the chocolate cake mixture into balls.
- Place the oil and remaining chocolate in a small bowl and mix well to combine. Insert a toothpick into each ball and dip in the chocolate mixture, allowing any excess to drip off.
- Place on a large serving tray, sprinkle with the salt and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. Serve. Makes 25
Photography: William Meppem
donna hay team
Hi Rima, these delightful truffles can be stored for up to three weeks when kept refrigerated. The DH team x
How long can the truffles be stored?