white chocolate candy cane truffles
- ½ cup (125ml) single (pouring) cream
- 40g unsalted butter, chopped
- 3⅔ cups (550g) white chocolate melts+
- 10 small candy canes (120g), crushed
- 1 cup (160g) icing sugar, sifted
- Place the cream and butter in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Place the chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl and top with the hot cream mixture.
- Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and, using a metal spoon, stir until the mixture is melted and smooth. Add the candy cane and mix to combine. Allow to stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Refrigerate for 2–3 hours or until just firm.
- Spread the sugar on a large baking tray. Roll teaspoonfuls of the truffle mixture into balls and roll in the sugar to coat. Place on a tray and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. Makes 45.
+ White chocolate melts will set more firmly than regular white chocolate and are easier to melt without the mixture seizing.
There are no comments for this entry yet.