- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 egg yolks, extra, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) passionfruit pulp (about 6 passionfruit)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- Place the eggs, egg yolks, sugar, passionfruit and lemon juice in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved. Gradually add the butter, stirring continuously, until melted. Reduce the heat to low and cook for a further 6–8 minutes or until the curd has thickened. Makes 2 cups (640g).
Tip: Passionfruit curd will keep in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
I made this recipe, maybe a little sweet, but it was delicious. Faye