seeded schnitzel with fennel and apple slaw
- 4 x 200g chicken breast fillets, halved lengthways
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- lemon wedges, to serve
spiced seeded crumb
- ¼ cup (40g) almonds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds (optional)
- ¼ cup (35g) sunflower seeds
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup (20g) finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
fennel and apple slaw
- 2 baby fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (180g) white cabbage, shaved
- 2 cups (180g) brussels sprouts, shaved
- 2 green (Granny Smith) apples, cut into matchsticks
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon horseradish relish
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). To make the spiced seeded crumb, place the almonds, sesame seeds, chia, sunflower seeds, coriander, cumin, parmesan and salt in a food processor. Pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the parsley and stir to combine.
- Divide the chicken between two baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper and sprinkle with the crumb mixture. Drizzle with the oil and roast for 10–15 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- To make the slaw, place the fennel, cabbage, brussels sprouts, apple, chives, buttermilk, horseradish, vinegar, salt and pepper in a large serving bowl and toss to combine. Serve the schnitzels with the slaw, extra parmesan and the lemon. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.