bay leaf and thyme confit feta
- 3 cups (750ml) Cobram Estate light flavour extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs bay leaves
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon juniper berries
- 2 x 500g round feta, halved and patted dry
- Place the oil, bay leaves, thyme, rosemary, fennel and juniper berries in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook for 15 minutes or until the oil is fragrant. Place the feta in a large heatproof bowl or large jar. Pour over the oil mixture and set aside to
cool and marinate. Serve. Serves 8–10.
Note: The marinated feta will keep in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
There are no comments for this entry yet.