- 4 cups (400g) cauliflower florets, finely chopped
- 1 cup (120g) coarsely grated eggplant (aubergine) cheeks (about 1 medium eggplant)
- 2 cups (360g) coarsely grated zucchini (courgette) (about 3 zucchinis)
- ¾ cup (70g) coarsely grated firm goat’s cheese
- 2 eggwhites
- ¼ cup (45g) white rice flour*
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- extra virgin olive oil, for frying
- labne (yoghurt cheese), to serve
- poached eggs (optional), to serve
- baby (micro) mint leaves (optional), ground sumac* and lemon wedges, to serve
- Place the cauliflower, eggplant, zucchini, goat’s cheese, eggwhites, flour, lemon rind and parsley in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Heat a little of the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add ¼ cup (60ml) of the mixture to the pan and flatten slightly.
- Cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden. Set aside and keep warm.
- Repeat with the oil and remaining mixture.
- Divide fritters between serving plates and top with labne, poached eggs and mint.
- Sprinkle with sumac and serve with lemon wedges.
*Add a poached egg to each plate for an extra sunny start to the day.
There are no comments for this entry yet.