honey and walnut baked brie
- ¼ cup (90g) honey
- 8 walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1½ tablespoons lemon thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 200g wheel of good-quality brie
- crusty bread or thyme and walnut crackers (see recipe link below), to serve
- Preheat oven 220°C (425°F).
- Place the honey, walnuts, thyme, pepper and salt into a small saucepan over medium low heat and cook for 4–6 minutes or until fragrant.
- Cut 2 x 40cm sheets of non-stick baking paper+ and place in a small ovenproof frypan, making sure the baking paper overlaps.
- Place the brie in the centre of the paper and spoon over the hot honey mixture.
- Gather the paper edges together and secure with kitchen string.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes or until the brie is molten and golden. Serve with crusty bread or crackers. Serves 8 as a starter
+ We used Glad to be Green® Compostable Brown Paper.
Photography: Chris Court
Click the link below for the recipe featured:
There are no comments for this entry yet.