- 1 cup (160g) pepitas (pumpkin seeds)+ plus extra for sprinkling
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- ½ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- sesame seeds, to serve
- vegetables or crackers, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C (320°F). Place the pepitas on a baking tray and roast for 20 minutes or until light golden in colour.
- Place in a food processor and add the oil, tahini, lemon juice, water, parsley, salt and pepper. Process for 1–2 minutes or until the mixture resembles a thick paste. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Drizzle with extra oil, sprinkle with sesame seeds and extra pepitas and serve with vegetables or crackers. Makes 1½ cups
+ Roasting the pepitas brings out their rich, nutty flavour.
There are no comments for this entry yet.