polenta-crumbed haloumi chips
- ¼ cup (35g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1½ cups (150g) panko (Japanese) breadcrumbs
- ½ cup (85g) instant polenta
- ¼ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 350g haloumi, cut into 1cm-thick chips
- store-bought aioli, to serve
- Preheat oven to 240°C (475°F). Place the flour on a plate and the eggs in a medium bowl. Place the breadcrumbs, polenta, chilli and rosemary on a shallow tray and mix to combine. Dust the haloumi in the flour, dip in the egg and toss in the polenta mixture to coat. Place on a large oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper and cook for 10–12 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Serve with aioli. Serves 4.
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.