quinoa granola bars
- 1 cup (100g) quinoa flakes
- ½ cup (100g) white quinoa
- 1 cup (160g) almonds, chopped
- ½ cup (40g) desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup (35g) buckwheat flour
- ½ cup (70g) pistachios, roughly chopped
- ½ cup (65g) dried cranberries
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup (270g) rice malt syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Place the quinoa flakes, quinoa, almond and coconut on a baking tray. Bake, stirring occasionally, for 10–15 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool.
- Place the quinoa mixture, flour, pistachios, cranberries, egg, rice malt syrup, oil and vanilla in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Press into a 20cm square tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Bake for 30–35 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool slightly before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Using a sharp knife, cut into bars to serve. Makes 12 bars.
There are no comments for this entry yet.