silverbeet and ricotta rolls
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 cups (250g) shredded silverbeet (Swiss chard) leaves
- 1½ cups (360g) ricotta
- 1 cup (70g) sourdough breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup dill leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chives, chopped
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 3 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- poppy seeds, for sprinkling
- natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt, to serve
- dukkah, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat, add the onion and garlic, and cook for 4 minutes.
- Place the silverbeet, ricotta, breadcrumbs, dill, chive, parsley, salt, pepper and onion mixture in a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- Spoon ½ cup of the silverbeet mixture along one long edge of one pastry half and roll to enclose, ensuring the pastry overlaps by 1cm. Repeat with the remaining pastry and silverbeet mixture. Place the rolls, seam side down, on 2 large lightly greased oven trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Cut each roll into 8 smaller rolls. Brush with egg, sprinkle with poppy seeds and cook for 20 minutes or until golden. Serve with yoghurt and dukkah. Serves 6–8
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.