with pomegranate dressing
- 1kg heirloom carrots, washed and trimmed
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 2 bulbs garlic, halved
- 2 teaspoons sumac
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup (90g) brown sugar
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses+
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed and juice reserved
- Preheat oven 200°C (400°F). Place the carrots, thyme, garlic, sumac, oil, sugar, salt and pepper on a baking tray and toss to coat. Roast for 30–35 minutes or until tender. Place the molasses, vinegar and pomegranate juice in a bowl and mix to combine. Drizzle the carrots with the dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds to serve. Serves 4–6
TIPS + TRICKS:
+ Pomegranate molasses is a thick, dark liquid made by boiling down the fruit. It’s used in salad dressings or to marinate meat to give it a sweet, tangy flavour. It’s available in specialty food shops and Middle Eastern grocers.
There are no comments for this entry yet.