garlic confit tomato bruschetta
with salsa verde
- 8 slices of sourdough
- extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- red-veined sorrel and basil leaves, to serve
garlic confit tomatoes
- 600g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- 6 garlic cloves sliced
- 6 basil sprigs
- 2 cups (500ml) extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon capers, halved
- To make the garlic confit tomatoes, place tomatoes, garlic, basil, oil and salt and pepper in a large frying pan over low-medium heat. Cook for 45 minutes or until the tomatoes are extremely soft but still holding their shape.
- To make the salsa verde, place the oil and mustard in a bowl and stir to combine. Add the parsley and capers and mix through. Set aside.
- Preheat a char-grill pan to high heat. Lightly brush each side of the bread slices with oil and cook for 1 minute each side or until charred.
- To serve, top each bruschetta with the tomatoes, garlic, salsa verde, sorrel, basil and a drizzle of garlic confit oil. Serves 4
+ If you would like to make this a more robust meal, you could add sliced of prosciutto or creamy mozzarella slices.
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.