spicy tempeh lettuce cups
with pickled carrot and cucumber
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 300g tempeh, crumbled+
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons sriracha chilli sauce
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ½ cup (70g) unsalted roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, shredded
- 1 green onion (scallion), shredded
- 1 small iceberg lettuce, leaves separated and trimmed to make 6 cups
- micro (baby) coriander (cilantro) leaves, to serve
- Place the carrot and vinegar in a medium bowl and toss to combine. Set aside to pickle for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to coat the carrot.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat, add the tempeh and cook, stirring, for 6 minutes or until lightly browned. Add the garlic, oyster sauce, sriracha, salt, pepper and half the peanut. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Divide the carrot, tempeh, cucumber and onion between the lettuce cups. Top with the coriander and remaining peanut to serve. Makes 6.
+ Tempeh is a product made from soybeans, similar to tofu, that originates in Indonesia. It’s a good source of protein, and is available in the refrigerated section of supermarkets and health food stores.
There are no comments for this entry yet.