warm lemon olives
- ½ cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil+
- 2 tablespoons shredded lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 small red chilli, halved
- 400g green olives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place a medium frying pan over low heat. Add the oil, lemon rind, lemon thyme, pepper and chilli and cook for 3–4 minutes.
- Add the olives and gently stir to coat. Cook for 3 minutes or until warmed through. Add the lemon juice and stir to combine. Serve warm. Makes 2 1⁄2 cups
+Use a good-quality fruity olive oil for this recipe, if you can.
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.