oysters with pickled ginger dressing
- ¼ cup (60ml) mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1½ tablespoons finely shredded pickled ginger
- 12 oysters, freshly shucked
- micro (baby) shiso leaves (optional)+, to serve
- lime wedges, to serve
- Place the mirin, soy, lime juice and ginger in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place the oysters on a serving plate and spoon the dressing on top. Sprinkle with the shiso leaves and serve with lime wedges. Serves 4
+ If you can’t find micro shiso leaves, you could use any micro or small herb leaf available from supermarkets or greengrocers.
Wine note: We have paired this recipe with Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc 2019 which has subtle tropical notes, with hints of passionfruit backed by zesty citrus, orchard blossom and lime.
Photography: Con Poulos
Click the links below for the recipes featured:
There are no comments for this entry yet.