blueberry, apple and coconut crumble
- ½ cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- 4 Granny Smith (green) apples, peeled and chopped
- 500g frozen or fresh blueberries
- ⅓ cup (75g) caster (superfine) sugar
- ⅔ cup (50g) shredded coconut
- 120g butter, melted
- 1 cup (150g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF). To make the coconut crumble, place the sugar, coconut, butter and flour in a bowl and rub with your fingertips until the mixture resembles course breadcrumbs.
- Place the sugar, vanilla seeds, apples and blueberries in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Spoon into a 26cm round ovenproof dish. Sprinkle over the crumble mixture and bake for 20–25 minutes or until golden. Serves 6.
Best crumble ever…!! 5 ⭐️
donna hay team
Hi Christina, yes you could substitute plain flour for gluten free and it should be fine. However we haven’t tested it with gluten free flour so the result might vary slightly. Happy baking!
Hi Donna, just wondering if gluten free flour would work the same for the crumble? Thanks