- 400g dark chocolate, chopped
- 280g butter
- 2 cups (350g) brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup (150g) plain (all purpose) flour
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place half the chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and smooth. Allow to cool slightly. Place the sugar, eggs and flour in a bowl with the chocolate mixture and mix to combine.
- Stir through the remaining chocolate pieces and pour the mixture into a lightly greased 20cm x 30cm tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Bake for 30–35 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in tin and cut into squares. Serves 8
+ These brownies will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for 3–4 days.
Can I substitute to almond meal and how much ?