creamy quinoa and kale bowl
with haloumi and soft-boiled egg
- 1⅓ cups (255g) white quinoa
- 1½ cups (375ml) water
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 300g kale, trimmed, shredded
- 225g haloumi, sliced
- 2 small avocados, halved
- ¼ cup finely chopped chives
creamy tahini dressing
- ½ cup (140g) tahini
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Place the quinoa and water in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil, then cover and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 12 minutes or until almost tender. Set aside, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Cook the eggs in a small saucepan of boiling water for 5 minutes or until soft boiled. Refresh in iced water, peel, halve and set aside.
- To make the dressing, place the tahini, water, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk to combine. Add half the dressing to the quinoa and mix to combine.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the kale and cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes or until wilted. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. Add the haloumi to the pan and cook for 1 minute each side or until golden.
- Divide the haloumi, quinoa, kale, egg and avocado between plates. Top with the remaining tahini dressing and sprinkle with chive and pepper to serve. Serves 4–6
There are no comments for this entry yet.