herb and garlic sourdough crouton salad
- 1½ cups fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1½ cups fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- 4 large oxheart tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 250g (8¾ oz) tub buffalo mozzarella, drained, torn
herb and garlic croutons
- 350g (12 oz) sourdough loaf, roughly torn into pieces
- ¼ cup (60ml/4¼ fl oz) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup fresh oregano leaves
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup (60ml/2 fl oz) red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup (60ml/2 fl oz) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- To make the herb and garlic croutons, place the sourdough, oil, garlic, oregano, leek, salt and pepper into a large bowl and toss to combine. Divide between the prepared baking trays and bake, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 20 minutes or until croutons are golden and crisp. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, to make the dressing, place the vinegar, oil, mustard and honey in a bowl and mix to combine.
- When ready to serve, place the parsley, mint, basil, tomato and croutons on a large platter. Drizzle with the dressing and gently toss to combine. Top with the mozzarella, scatter with salt and pepper and serve with the remaining dressing on the side. Serves 8
Photography: Chris Court
So yum, like bruschetta in a wonderful salad.