peanut butter fudge
- 150g unsalted butter, chopped
- ⅓ cup (80ml) single (pouring) cream
- 1½ cups (390g) smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cups (400g) icing (confectioner’s) sugar, sifted
- Line a lightly greased 20cm square tin with non-stick baking paper and set side. Place the butter, cream, peanut butter and vanilla in a medium saucepan over medium heat, and cook, stirring, until both the butter and peanut butter are melted and the mixture just starts to bubble. Place the icing sugar in a large bowl and pour over the peanut butter mixture.
- Working quickly, stir until well combined and pour the mixture into the prepared tin. Smooth the surface of the
fudge (see tips), cover with a piece of non-stick baking paper and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Cut into bite-sized pieces
to serve. Serves 8–10.
To smooth, simply place a sheet of non-stick baking paper over the fudge and gently slide the base of an 18cm square tin over it to smooth the top. Keep the fudge in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks. Bring to room temperature before serving.
There are no comments for this entry yet.