poached chicken, smoked bacon
and red grape pasta salad
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 3 x 200g chicken breast fillets
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 200g smoked streaky bacon, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 400g penne pasta
- ¾ cup (180g) crème fraîche
- ¼ cup (75g) mayonnaise
- ½ cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 200g red grapes, halved
- woodland sorrel leaves or baby spinach, to serve
- Place the stock in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil, add the chicken and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 8–10 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from stock, allow to cool slightly, then finely shred. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan over high heat. Add the bacon and cook for 4–5 minutes or until crisp. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water for 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain and refresh under cold water. Place in a large bowl. Add the crème fraîche, mayonnaise, parmesan, salt, pepper and chicken and mix to combine.
- Place in a serving bowl and top with the bacon mixture, grapes and sorrel. Sprinkle with pepper to serve. Serves 4-6
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.