roasted honey lemon chicken
with crispy parsnip chips
- ¼ cup (90g) honey
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 6 whole cloves garlic
- 1.6kg whole chicken, halved
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1kg parsnips, peeled and thinly sliced using a peeler
- 1 sprig bay leaves
- Preheat oven to 240°C (475°F). Place the honey, water, lemon and garlic in a large heavy-based ovenproof saucepan. Using a small, sharp knife, score the chicken. Place on top of the lemon mixture, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the oil. Cook for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, place the parsnip, salt, pepper and remaining oil in a large bowl and toss to combine. Divide between 2 large baking trays and cook for 10 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Serve the chicken topped with the parsnip chips, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.