pink grapefruit margarita
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon sea salt flakes
- 2 cups (500ml) pink grapefruit juice
- ½ cup (125ml) orange-flavoured liqueur
- ⅔ cup (160ml) tequila
- ¾ cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar
- thinly sliced pink grapefruit and lime, to serve
- crushed ice, to serve
- Place the lime rind and salt in a mortar and pestle and grind to combine. Set aside. Place the grapefruit juice, orange-flavoured liqueur, tequila and sugar in a bowl and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Layer half the grapefruit slices, lime slices and ice in a 1.5 litre-capacity (6 cups) jug and pour over the grapefruit mixture. Top with remaining grapefruit and lime slices. Serve with the lime salt+. Makes 3½ cups (875ml)
+ You can dip the rim of glasses into lightly beaten eggwhite and press into the lime salt to coat. Spoon in the margarita to serve.
There are no comments for this entry yet.