brown butter crackle cookies
- 150g (5¼ oz) unsalted butter, chopped
- 1¼ cups (200g/7 oz) CSR Rapadura Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2½ cups (385g/13½ oz) White Wings Plain Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- CSR Pure Icing Sugar, for rolling
- Place the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook until foaming. Whisk for 2–3 minutes or until the butter is a deep golden colour. Set aside to cool slightly
- Place the butter and rapadura sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat until combined. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well. Sift over the flour, baking powder and cinnamon and beat on low speed until combined. Cover and refrigerate the cookie dough for 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Line 2 trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Sift icing sugar into a shallow bowl. Roll tablespoons of the cookie dough into balls, then roll in the icing sugar to coat.
- Place dough balls on prepared trays and bake for 10–12 minutes or until cookies are just golden and set. Set aside on trays to cool. Makes 26
+ Get crafty and make these sweet gift boxes for your crackle cookies.
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.