Lemon olive oil cakes
with passionfruit syrup
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup (110g) raw caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- ½ cup (120ml) light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup (110g) plain (all-purpose) flour or plain spelt flour
- 1 cup (250ml) passionfruit pulp
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup (55g) raw caster (superfine) sugar
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Place the eggs, sugar and honey in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 10 minutes or until light and pale and doubled in volume. Add the lemon rind and oil and fold to combine. Sift over the flour and fold gently to combine.
- Spoon mixture into 12 greased ⅓-cup-capacity (80ml) muffin tins. Cook for 16–18 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in tins for 5 minutes then invert onto serving plates.
- While the cakes are cooling, place the passionfruit, lemon juice and sugar in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the syrup has thickened. Spoon the warm syrup over the cakes to serve. Makes 12
There are no comments for this entry yet.