caramel pecan brownie
- 225g unsalted butter, chopped
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 200g 70% dark chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (220g) white (granulated) sugar
- 1 cup (175g) light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (150g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- 1 cup (120g) pecans, chopped, plus 48 extra for decorating
- 1 cup (300g) store-bought thick caramel or dulce de leche
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a 20cm x 30cm slice tin with non-stick baking paper. Place the butter and both the chocolates in a medium saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and smooth. Place the eggs, both the sugars and the vanilla in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the chocolate mixture and whisk until combined. Add the flour and chopped pecans and mix until well combined. Pour into the tin and bake for 35–40 minutes or until fudgy when tested with a skewer. Allow to cool in the tin completely.
- Remove the brownie from the tin and spread with the caramel. Top with the extra pecans, pressing in gently to secure. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. Slice into pieces to serve. Makes 24
donna hay team
Hi Erin, we recommend using a dark chocolate that ranges between 50-65%. Enjoy!
What percentage is the other dark chocolate? You only list the percentage (70) for one of them.