teriyaki beef and ginger brown rice sushi bowl
- 1½ cups (300g) short-grain brown rice
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- ¼ cup (60ml) soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 400g beef eye fillet, thinly sliced
- snow pea shoots and micro (baby) shiso leaves, to serve
- black sesame seeds, to serve
pickled onion and radish
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- Place the rice and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes or until tender and the water has absorbed. Add half the ginger, mix to combine, cover and set aside for 5 minutes. Set aside, uncovered, to cool completely.
- While the rice is cooking, place the soy sauce, garlic, honey, sesame oil and remaining ginger in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Add the beef and toss to combine. Set aside for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat a chargrill over high heat. Thread the beef onto 12 metal skewers. Place the marinade in a small frying pan over high heat, bring to a simmer and cook for 1–2 minutes or until syrupy. Set aside. Lightly grease the chargrill and cook the skewers in two batches for 2–3 minutes each side or until charred.
- While the beef is cooking, make the pickled onion and radish. Place the onion, radish, salt and vinegar in a small bowl and toss to combine.
- Divide the rice between bowls, top with the skewers, snow pea shoots, shiso leaves, teriyaki sauce, pickled onion and radish. Sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve. Serves 4.
It looks delicious