baked ricotta cheesecake
- 1 cup (150g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- ¼ cup (55g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 100g unsalted butter, chopped
- 330g cream cheese, chopped and softened
- 500g fresh ricotta
- 1⅓ cups (295g) caster (superfine) sugar
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 5 eggs
- Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F).
- Lightly grease a 22cm round springform cake tin and line the base with non-stick baking paper. Set aside.
- To make the base, place the flour, sugar and butter in a food processor and process for 1 minute or until a rough dough forms.
- Using the back of a spoon, press the mixture into the base of the prepared tin. Bake for 30–35 minutes or until golden and just cooked. Set aside to cool slightly.
- While the base is baking, make the filling. Place the cream cheese, ricotta, sugar, lemon juice, lemon rind and vanilla in a food processor and process until smooth. Place the cornflour and water in a small bowl and mix until smooth. Add the cornflour mixture and the eggs to the filling and process to combine.
- Lightly re-grease the sides of the cake tin and pour the filling over the base, tapping gently to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake for 50 minutes – 1 hour or until light golden and just set. Allow to cool in the closed oven for 50 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Remove the cheesecake from the tin and place on a cake stand or plate to serve. Serves 8–10
donna hay team
Hi Jacqueline, If you would you like to add sultanas, simple add 1/4 cup of sultanas to this recipe. Enjoy!
Soooo easy and simple to make. And absolutely hands down the best Baked Cheese Cake I’ve made
Do you have any tips on how to modify the recipe to add saltana’s to the cake?
Every time I bake and share this gorgeous cheesecake, people say it was amazing, the best they have ever tasted.