blackberry and vanilla chia jam
- 800g frozen blackberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅓ cup (80ml) maple syrup
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- 1 tablespoon white chia seeds
- Place the blackberries, lemon juice, maple syrup and vanilla bean and vanilla seeds in a medium saucepan over high heat.
- Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the blackberries are soft. Remove from the heat.
- Add the chia seeds and stir to combine. Transfer to a sterilised jar and refrigerate until cool. Serve. Makes 2¼ cups.
tips + tricks
+To sterilise glass jars, preheat oven to 120°C. Wash the jars and their (metal) lids in soapy water, rinse and place on a baking tray. Place in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove and allow to cool before filling.
There are no comments for this entry yet.