ginger and date tiramisu
- 12 store-bought ginger nut (ginger snap) biscuits, crushed
- 1 cup (280g) natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt
- 1 cup (250ml) espresso coffee
- ½ cup (125ml) maple syrup+
- 12 soft fresh dates (240g), pitted
- ¾ cup (180ml) maple syrup+
- 2 tablespoons water
- To make the coffee syrup, place the coffee and maple syrup in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 10–12 minutes or until thickened slightly. Allow to cool a little before refrigerating until chilled.
- To make the date caramel, place the dates and maple syrup in a food processor and process for 2–3 minutes or until smooth. Add the water and pulse to combine.
- Divide three-quarters of the crushed biscuits between 6 x 1-cup-capacity (250ml) serving glasses. Spoon three-quarters of the yoghurt between the glasses. Top with the coffee syrup and date caramel. Finish with the remaining yoghurt and crushed biscuits to serve. Makes 6
+ Naturally derived from the sap of the maple tree, pure maple syrup (not to be confused with maple-flavoured syrup) is a lovely, rich way to sweeten, plus it retains a few more antioxidants and minerals than other refined sugars.
There are no comments for this entry yet.