polenta and mushroom pizza
with taleggio and tarragon
- 50g unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 250g mixed mushrooms+, thinly sliced
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 6 sprigs tarragon
- 2½ cups (375ml) milk
- 1 cup (170g) instant polenta
- ½ cup (40g) finely grated pecorino
- 200g taleggio++, rind removed and torn
- Preheat a grill to high. Heat the butter in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the garlic, mushroom, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 6 minutes.
- Add the tarragon and cook for a further minute or until the mushrooms are golden. Set aside and keep warm.
- Place the milk in a medium saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Gradually whisk in the polenta and reduce the heat to low. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat, add the pecorino, salt and pepper and mix to combine. Spoon the polenta onto a medium lightly greased oven tray and spread out toa 3cm-thick rectangle. Top with the taleggio and mushroom mixture.
- Place under the grill and cook for 6 minutes or until the cheese is golden. Serve. Serves 6
There are no comments for this entry yet.