sticky honey and sesame roasted chicken
- 50g unsalted butter, chopped and softened
- 1½ tablespoons sesame oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 x 1.6kg chicken
- ⅔ cup (240g) honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- black sesame seeds and micro (baby) purple shiso leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the butter, ½ teaspoon of the oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Carefully loosen the skin of the chicken at the breast with your fingers. Push the butter mixture under the skin and tie the legs together with kitchen string.
- Place the honey, vinegar, salt and remaining oil in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the chicken and spoon over the honey mixture. Marinate for 20 minutes.
- Place the chicken on an oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Cook, brushing with the pan juices occasionally, for 1 hour or until cooked through.
- Serve the chicken with the extra pan juices, sesame seeds and shiso. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.