tuna sashimi with cucumber
and ginger sesame dressing
- 400g sashimi-grade tuna, thinly sliced
- 2 baby cucumbers, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions (scallions), thinly shredded
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- sea salt flakes
ginger sesame dressing
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- To make the ginger sesame dressing place the ginger, sesame oil, mirin, vinegar and lime zest in a small bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Place the tuna on a large plate and top with the cucumber, onion, sesame seeds and salt. Serve with the ginger sesame dressing. Serves 4.
Wine note: these delicate slices of tuna pair perfectly with the lemon, lime and nectarine aromatics of the Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc.
There are no comments for this entry yet.