tuna with chia and jalapeño salsa
- 500g sashimi-grade tuna loin, skin removed and trimmed
- ⅓ cup (60g) chia seeds
- baby (micro) sorrel leaves, to serve
- ¼ cup (60ml) lime juice
- 2 teaspoons rice malt syrup
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled, seeds removed and finely chopped
- To make the jalapeño salsa, place the lime, rice malt syrup and vinegar in a medium bowl and stir until dissolved. Add the jalapeño and cucumber and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Roll the tuna in the chia seeds and, using a sharp knife, thickly slice. Arrange on a serving platter and serve with the salsa and sorrel leaves. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.